How I Can Help You Buy a HomeWhether you are buying your first home, or you’re an experienced buyer, purchasing a home is a complex process. By working with me, you’ll find a home in the community where you want to live, one that fits your budget and meets your goals for features, quality, and value.
First things first: What is your home-buying budget?Before you invest your time, energy, and emotions looking for a home, it is important to determine your home buying budget and by what method you will pay. While some buyers do pay cash for properties, the great majority will require a mortgage loan.
Loan pre-approval action items:
1. Gather current financial documents (i.e., pay stubs, W2/1099, tax returns, bank statements, etc.).
2. Get pre-approved by a reputable lender (call me if you need any referrals).
3. Determine if you qualify for any special home buyer assistance programs (VA, FHA, employer benefit, etc.).
Determine your needs, wants, and not wants.
1. Explore your desired neighborhoods. Pay attention to noise levels, traffic patterns, amenities, proximity to the resources you need.
2. List needs, wants, and not wants for your home.
3. Use the Property Search feature above (Properties menu) to explore houses in your desired neighborhood and to get an idea of what types of homes are within your budget.
4. Call me to when you are ready to view a home and to assist you with your search.
Once you’ve found the home that’s right for you, I will guide you through each step of the purchase process, including:
- Assistance with understanding property disclosures and reports provided by the seller
- Providing insight on what constitutes a strong offer (especially in multi-offer situations)
- Negotiating the terms of the sale
- Getting your potential purchase inspected, repaired, and appraised
- Closing the sale
- Handing you the keys to your home :)
When you work with me, you will:
- Be more likely to find the home that meets all your criteria
- Lessen the amount of time it will take to find your home
- Understand all the terms, processes, and documents used when buying your home
- Have up-to-date market information that will allow you to make informed decisions
- Have a skilled negotiator working on your behalf, one who is committed to looking after your best interests
- Enjoy peace of mind, knowing that all the details of your purchase are being taken care of by an experienced and knowledgeable professional
How I Can Help You Sell Your Home
Helping find a buyer for your home is only one facet of a real estate professional’s job.
There are many more aspects, including:
- Explaining the basic real estate practices and principles and all the related paperwork
- Performing a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) to help determine your home’s value
- Helping to prepare your home for sale
- Listing your home
- Running a comprehensive marketing campaign for your home to get maximum exposure from real estate
professionals and prospective buyers
- Keeping you informed throughout the process.
Reviewing and Accepting the Best Offer
We have offers! Just remember, the highest offer may not always be the strongest offer. I will help you review and understand all the terms of an offer, and determine which offer best suits your objectives and is most likely to go smoothly with the aim of a timely closing. When the sale begins, I will assist you with the paperwork, negotiate on your behalf, make sure deadlines are met, and work with the escrow company to ensure we are on track to a timely closing.
By working with me, you will:
- Be more likely to realize the highest return on the sale of your home
- Reduce the number of days your home is on the market
- Become familiar with all the terms, processes, and paperwork involved in selling your home
- Have confidence that your home will enjoy exposure to more buyers and agents with qualified buyers
- Receive regularly updated market information that will enable you to make informed decisions
- Have a skilled negotiator working on your behalf
- Have peace of mind knowing that all the details of your sale are being handled properly by a licensed and trained professional